Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Perfect Passion.

After pondering the thought of relationships and how they evolve, it dawned on me that a relationship is only as strong as it's center of gravity. Whether a relationship is built on faith, passion, comfort, or mere looks; the essence of either of these things is what glues together a bond or dissolves a solid like an acid.

After being in an almost turbulent 2 year relationship with a man who  was crazy about me, I moved on. I left a childish relationship to find myself and get ready for a better one. My first serious relationship was a curious one. We came from two different ends of the spectrum. My family was decently stable and his wasn't. We both had one thing in common: passion for everything. We had passion for love, passion for fighting, passion in sports, passion in every place imaginable. We loved each other so much that the passion finally burnt us out. Not being able to see the differences, or the stubbornness in ourselves, we couldn't take the fighting any longer. It was truly an emotional rollercoaster that I never knew could exist.

The reason I couldn't figure out why we would never work was simply because we were too passionate to settle our differences. It was a beautiful kind of love, full of fire and crazy in every way. We loved each other with everything we had. But after we had given each other everything we had, there was nothing left. We had nothing to feed ourselves.

I don't miss this kind of love. At all. It was spectacular, moved fast, and never had a dull moment. I am happy that I found this kind of love, but I'd never ache for it again. Instead, I choose to love a man whose love will never fail for me; a man who will patiently wait til my storm of anger passes; and a man who will laugh with me at my gnarly attitude.

I will however say that I am glad that I experienced this crazy, can't live without each other love. Passion is something that can never be taken away, but won't always keep a couple together. The most beautiful moments in a couples' lives can't make up for the amount of tears that exumes a passionate relationship. Exhausting is the only way to describe it. Exhausting, yet so entirely amazing.

I will say though that my parents created the ultimate children borne of passion. In all my years, I have yet to meet anybody as passionate as my parents and my siblings. My parents still fight like cats and dogs...I guess being crazy about what you love runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these posts whether you agree or disagree with them. I may remind you however, that this blog is intended to inspire...negative energy is not a part of my intention, nor will it be tolerated.