Monday, November 19, 2012

the little things.

So beyond the typical men bashing web page that a lot of women create; I decided to write a tasteful entry on how grateful I am for the gentlemen that do exist in the world.

The disgusting part about relationships these days are the way that the media centers their focus on the roles that a man and a woman should play when they are together. Music has a large part in how society should treat women with "ass, ass, ass, ass" bigger than the egos that men use when they walk into bars expecting to get a quick lay. Television ads portray men as lazy pigs rolling around in filth, with their Sunday football get-togethers. It's truly ridiculous. It hasn't always been this way.

I don't really expect men to bow at my knees and lavishly shower me with diamonds every time I invite them into my house. Dear men, please don't ever get on your knees unless you're ready for a quick flash of confusion or the real answer you want to hear. This gesture is only meant for one thing; not for saying you're sorry. If you have to get on your knees to beg for forgiveness, chances are you've already lost your manlihood. These days, the common things I hear women cry about is this: "I haven't received a text message in two hours" or "ugh you didn't ask for nonfat milk in my Starbucks?". Let's get realistic here. Yes the little things count, but is it really that big of a deal that you had 15 more calories in your Starbucks? Can you imagine if he had forgotten to bring you that "essential" coffee in the first place? Of course you wouldn't be able to imagine, because if he dared to forget it, he'd be sleeping on the couch. Regardless of the little details that many men often forget, it really doesn't have to turn into a big deal if he forgets to sub the nonfat milk for the 2%. Men aren't like women in the way that they think; they are willing to go above and beyond in the more unexpected ways.

You can bet you've found a gentleman if he's done any of these things for you: tried to make you laugh while you're crying, has driven you around to help you find your lost dog, or even gets up in the middle of the night to grab medicine at the store for you. These are the little things that matter. I may not be able to predict how happy a woman will be if a man never brings her flowers, chocolates, or buys her diamonds. But knowing that when you're in need the most he will be there, will probably make you happier in the long run. These are the things that you don't see in the movies.

I know that these things matter, because I have the most amazing person who does these things that are taken for granted by most women. I enjoy the days I can count on somebody to love me no matter how tear-stained my face is. I admire the man in my life who doesn't try to woo me with materialistic items; only with his heart.

These are the men in the world that ought to be acknowledged, not the ones who buy cars for their fiancee's or multi-million dollar mansions for their pin-up girlfriends.

Along with that, I admire the brave men in my life that are always willing to give their heart, sweat, and time to help a girl out. My father and brother are those that do just that for me. I often do take them for granted. But when my car is on it's last limb, I can always count on these two in my family to put me back on the road. Sometimes it's hours, sometimes it's days worth of work. Nevertheless, I strive to thank them for the things they do for me.

Above all, I think it's important to realize the true spirit of a genuine heart. Modern women often overlook the men in their lives. It's truly a blessing to have strong, brave, and caring men around. And if you don't know anybody like this, I feel sorry for you. Instead of looking for that perfect guy, maybe you should start looking for yourself first. Or perhaps you should surround yourself with men who respect you rather than look at you as eye-candy. It all begins with the little things that you can do for yourself in order to be genuinely happy in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these posts whether you agree or disagree with them. I may remind you however, that this blog is intended to inspire...negative energy is not a part of my intention, nor will it be tolerated.