Sunday, November 11, 2012

guardian angels

The instant you think about someone, it's always wise to make sure they know. Contact them. Ask them how they are doing. Let them know that you are thinking about them. The minute you think about someone you haven't talked to in a long time is the minute that God is letting you know that they need you.

If I were to take my own advice, perhaps a few people I know would be here today. A really good friend of mine who was involved in church with me in high school committed suicide earlier this year. Unfortunately it had been years since I had spoken with him. He was one of those people you knew would always be there, until he wasn't anymore. It occurred to me that after thinking of contacting him for months prior to his death, I could have possibly saved his life. This is saying a bit much, but there is no doubt that it's always in the back of my mind.

We often find ourselves too busy to keep up with the lives of others; until we realize it's too late. Life is funny that way. I often think of lost friends and wonder if they are doing okay. After my friend's passing, I find that the people I think about are usually needing a friend to reach out to them. So a word of warning to those that don't believe in fate: never forget those long, lost friends of yours. They are usually lost for a reason. Contact those people that come across your mind once in a while. Especially if it's more than once. You may find that reconnecting can lead you to a place you'd never thought you'd be. It never hurts to remember a friend that was once important in your life.

RIP Tito. We miss your beautiful smile, your contagious laughter, but more importantly: your amazing personality and carefree ways. I hope to see you in heaven one day among the angels that look over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these posts whether you agree or disagree with them. I may remind you however, that this blog is intended to inspire...negative energy is not a part of my intention, nor will it be tolerated.