Sunday, November 4, 2012

Character

When I think about people, I often associate them with a certain quality that exemplifies their personality. I think everyone does this, unless it's my imagination. More specifically, I can gather that most people often need things; and certain people are more likely to fulfill those specific needs at the designated time. But more importantly, I'd like to gather a few thoughts about the people I surround myself with and the qualities that I attribute to them.

When I think of the people in my life, I can often find one important quality that that person holds. That quality is something I find dear to my soul because upon thinking of that person, I will always remember them by that characterization. For example my mother; when I think about her I often find myself thinking about how giving she is. She tends to make sure I always have enough of everything, plus more than enough. She has the most giving heart of anybody that I know. And that may simply be because she is my mother; but no greater love exists than that of the love a mother has for her child (which I hope to experience one day). My mother is the most heartfelt person I know.

When I think about my father, I think about him caring...sometimes a little too much. He is always the caregiver; he worries and worries until things are fixed. He always lets me know that he cares and that he's thinking about me. When I think of my father, I think of him as the caretaker because he is always looking out for his children's best interests.

It may seem odd to bring this one up (as my brother is such a young person), but his personality shows through even though I know he has yet to fully develop his own character. When I think about my little brother, I think of his genuine heart. He is very lucky to be a person who genuinely cares about the needs of others. He seldomly cares about himself, but is always looking after the needs of others. He is always trying to help people and no matter what he does, he never asks for anything in return.

My sister is another one of the people I can always count on. She has a specific quality that I hardly find in anyone else: true wisdom. She isn't as close to me as I would like her to be, however, she is always there the most when I need her. Her compassion for my success is always at the top of her list. She always wants to know if I am succeeding and what I am doing. She rarely talks about herself unless asked. She is the wise one; she always knows how to handle whatever situation is thrown at her and never loses faith in helping me handle my own. She is the best advice-giver. I look to her for wisdom and faith, she often shows me that nothing is ever as bad as it seems and that faith is my only option at some points in time.

Another person in my life is my best friend. He is the cherry on top of my ice cream (no pun intended here, so get your mind out of the gutter). He is cheerful and enthusiastic about life, he always gives me hope when I need it. He knows how to handle almost every situation and never hesitates to ask for help when he needs it. My best friend never judges me, even through the worst of times. He is always there no matter what; he'll give me a hand if he sees me on the floor (but will politely laugh with me about why I'm there in the first place). He never falters at being reliable. I think he is the greatest friend I've ever had and he is by far the only person I could trust with my life. I know I would dodge a bullet for him and I know he would do it for me. I love him because he does great things for people, even if it doesn't mean a thing to him. He has the kindest heart and knows how to put a smile on anybody's face when he passes by. This is my best friend.

Overall, I think the object of discussion here is the ability to attribute a single word to every person I love. If I had to come up with a single word for everyone of them I would be able to! Why? Because I know them by heart. I know them for everything they strive to be, everything they've done, and everything they can be. These people are the people I know the best. These people that I call my friends and family are the ones that I truly know. And only upon that I can base my judgement about whether or not the mistakes they make is truly of character. I can testify to each and every one of the characters that these individuals display.

If I were to search a field of flowers, these people would be the brightest flowers. The different colors would  be character of them as well. This may have something to do with the aura of a person; something of which I know nothing of or even care to believe in. But nonetheless, I believe that every person has that little spark that exists in their heart, however deep it may be. That spark is the character of a person. The innermost quality that makes them who they are. That spark may also be what drives them through life. My love for these people is of the utmost degree.

With that, a thought I'll leave for you is this: Love is being able to describe a person in one word. Unconditional love is being able to see what makes a person passionately alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on these posts whether you agree or disagree with them. I may remind you however, that this blog is intended to inspire...negative energy is not a part of my intention, nor will it be tolerated.